Access Statement for The Stables at Owlett Hall
The Stables is a self-contained unit that may be used on a Bed & Breakfast basis or as a self catering cottage. If used on bed & breakfast terms we provide all the necessary items for you to prepare breakfast in the kitchen.
The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavor to help.
- We have a basic website which includes pictures of The Stables.
- Bookings / enquiries can be made via email or phone
- The nearest bus stop is outside Tesco’s on the High Street 150 metres from the entrance.
- The nearest train station (Crowle) is 2 miles away; The station is unmanned and taxis need to be pre-booked. We can arrange for a taxi to meet you at the station if required.
- We can arrange for shopping to be delivered on arrival
- We can provide information in large print on request
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Off-road car parking is available in our yard immediately adjacent to The Stables. Parking is available under a carport if required.
- Car park is leveled tarmac and flat and even
- The entrance to The Stables is reached directly from the yard.
- The entrance has no steps. The door hinged on the right.
- There is a threshold of 6cm when entering The Stables.
- The door is 100cm wide and the key hole lock is 91cm from the floor and the door latch is 138mm from the floor.
- The entrance door leads directly into the living room area.
- The staircase from the living room area to the galleried bedroom has 12 steps with quarter turn in the middle. The stairs are each 20cm high, 24cm deep, 78cm wide. There are hand rails on the left hand side.
- Flooring is wood flooring heated by underfloor heating
- Furniture is movable and all is non feather.
- One double sofa and one easy chair provided, both with arms
- One Coffee table 60cm X 118cm is provided. Height from floor 45cm
- A Digital TV (Freeview & Radio) with integral DVD and CD is provided with remote control.
- An iron and ironing board is provided for the benefit of guests and is stored in the under stairs cupboard.
- No laundry facilities are provided. It may be possible to use the owners own washing machine on request.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- The Bedroom is a galleried room overlooking the living room. it is accessed directly from the stairs in the living room
- Double bed provided 180cm X 200cm.
- Bed height 40cm floor to top of mattress.
- Non Feather duvets and pillows provided.
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are cotton
- Bed is movable if more space is required to one side
- The height of the ceiling is reduced at the sides of the bedroom.
- The bedroom has bedside tables and bedside lights on both sides of the bed. Height 45cm
- There is a four drawer chest of drawers and valet stand.
- A radio alarm clock is provided
Shower-room & WC
- Door width 74cm
- A wet room shower is provided. Shower controls are located at 120cm from the floor.
- Free space in bathroom (free of doors and furniture) is approximately 120cm by 90cm.
- Toilet seat height 42cm
- Space to right and left of toilet is 38cm
- Flooring is tiled heated by underfloor heating.
- Release mechanism on outside of locked door
- Space under washbasin has a pedestal
- Electric razor sockets are located on the left hand side of the mirror unit.
- The Kitchen is accessed directly from the living room.
- Worktop height 91cm.
- Oven door is drop down, height of lowest shelf 35cm.
- Sink is 91cm high with cupboards underneath
- Hob is 91cm high and halogen
- Flooring is tiled with underfloor heating
- At least 95cm free space between all furniture and worktops. This can be increased if the table is folded down.
- Evenly lit kitchen with spotlights above work surfaces where required
- Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces
- Fridge with small freezer. Highest shelf in fridge 50cm
- A wall mounted table is provided with two folding chairs. The table is 75cm high.
- Kitchen has a dishwasher
- Kitchen has a microwave oven
- A fire blanket is provided adjacent to the cooker
Grounds and Gardens
- Although not formally part of The Stables, guests are welcome to make use of the house gardens. This consists a number of different surfaces including gravelled paths, lawns and patio areas.
- Information folder is produced in size 14 font (can be audio on request)
- Mobile phone reception is possible but can sometimes be difficult on some networks
- The Stable is strictly non smoking
- Pets are not allowed in The Stables itself but kennels/cages for pets can be stored undercover
- Storage of bicycles in a locked garage is available on request
- Wi-Fi Internet included in accommodation price
The Stables at Owlett Hall
2 Church Lane
Contact Telephone and Email Address
Telephone: 01724 711191
Grid reference: SE772130
Emergency number: 07739 921835 (Angus)
07563 755089 (Addy)
Local accessible taxi numbers: AXI Private Hire – 01724798877
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01724711191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org